looking for local PADI wreck specialty instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey folks, looking for a local (Venice-Orlando-Springhill-Tampa) PADI instructor who can teach the PADI wreck specialty.

Looking for someone who will do more than just run down the table of contents from the book. Looking for someone with wreck experience who will give me a Thorough end to end education.

does not need to be from a LDS, I'd be just as happy with an independant guy/gal.

Any recomendations ??

Our Ocean Dreams in clearwater is offering the course in August I believe. The owner of the shop is a cave diver so I bet that you'll get more then the base course. But you might want to give them a call first. It is a great shop.

I've never done training with them, but Our Ocean Dreams is a nice little shop. I may have to look into their wreck course too ;-)

- Paul

Why PADI? Will you train with a different Agency?

Doesn't have to be, but I'd like to stay with PADI if I can. I have all my certs with them up till now. I can also put the wreck specialty towards the Master diver cert, killing 2 birds with one stone.

I have read the course outline for the PADI specialty and it ain't that indepth, thats why I specified I'm looking for an instructor who takes the course seriously and teaches more than whats in the book.

If you really want to learn about wrecks, you won't find a better wreck instructor than Walter. Your observation that the other materials looked a little "lite" is important, since many instructors teach what the agency guide and text print. If you'll step out of the agency, Walter is a fantastic wreck guy!

I also teach this course throughout the year. Get two or three together and let's make it happen! :D

NetDoc:
I also teach this course throughout the year. Get two or three together and let's make it happen! :D

Dave,
Are you in with your boys?

If so, I'll add my son and I (even though I've taught the course in the past)... What's another cert card? lol

Or, we can get yours crew, my crew, NetDoc and put them all on the Wake with Frogman_5. It would be fun

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom