looking for PC shipwreck map/chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish:
Anyone have a map/chart of the the shipwrecks off of PCB?
Please PM or email me.
Thanks
Whats your poison? I have them in several formats. OZI, Bluechart. You can also order a nautical chart with shipwrecks plotted from the Man.

Here is an example.

pcmap.jpg

Yes. not sure I have it all in one place. Ill get back to you. You might also get a copy of Underwater Guide to Florida. Has all that plus descriptions.

There's a remarkable number off of Mexico Beach. Is that a common area for artificial reefs/scuttlings, or was there some nav hazard there that resulted in a bunch of wrecks?

KansaiKitsune:
There's a remarkable number off of Mexico Beach. Is that a common area for artificial reefs/scuttlings, or was there some nav hazard there that resulted in a bunch of wrecks?
The whole panhandle is a major artifical reef project. Only 10% or so are real wrecks.

Except for those three ships sunk by the Manatee Packs that stalked the Destin area. I remember back in the day when Manatees would hunt down anything bigger than an oil tanker and take it down by biting holes in the hull. Whew! Good thing they only target small kayaks in Crystal River now. Some say it was the thinning of the ozone layer that caused the radiation to alter their behavior. Some say it was the hot water from the nuclear reactor's cooling towers. I don't know what it was, but it sure was terrifying to read headlines like, "Savage manatee pack takes down aircraft carrier."
To think, these tourists were afraid of sharks. The never knew what hit 'em when the manatees came around. "Oh look honey, a gentle manatee. See how it lets us pet it..."
CHROMP!!!!
Then the screaming and manatee feeding frenzy started. They were like piranhas!
Absolutely horrible!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom