Looking for suggestion for divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you guys think about doing internship with dive schools , there are few in Koh tao and Nusa Penida offering it

What do you guys think about doing internship with dive schools , there are few in Koh tao and Nusa Penida offering it
There are quite a few threads somewhere on this. I have no first hand experience but gather that sometimes the work is a bit much. And again, I would assume there isn't a lot of just "fun" diving.

And again, I would assume there isn't a lot of just "fun" diving.
There are two sides to this coin. No, there is not a lot of fun diving, but when nearly every dive is purposeful and supervised, you will progress as a diver much faster than you would with the same number of fun dives making the same mistakes over and over.

It seems to me that it makes sense if you are hoping to become a professional. If not, not so much.

There are two sides to this coin. No, there is not a lot of fun diving, but when nearly every dive is purposeful and supervised, you will progress as a diver much faster than you would with the same number of fun dives making the same mistakes over and over.

It seems to me that it makes sense if you are hoping to become a professional. If not, not so much.
Makes sense to me.

Hi
I am very new to diving , i did my open dive certification last november , I am thinking on doing DMT as a way to acquire new skill and learn new thing.
I am also looking to do it so i can stay in a place for over a month and just chill for awhile.Which is the best place to do it,considering prices (I am on a budget),people and fun place to be in.
Look at thailand? somewhere with cheap cost of living

y
Look at thailand? somewhere with cheap cost of living
Yea thats what i have back of my head , I am thinking about Koh tao , I have already been there and have few people connected on ig

One of the quickest ways to get "burned out" in an activity is to work at it as in a job. You are just beginning and luckily, in on of the best locations in the world. Get some basic training/experience, Advanced, Rescue, Nitrox and on up to Cavern Diving for the buoyancy training. Then after you have made 50-100 dives, you will have a better feel for what you want to do.

Back
Top Bottom