Looking for underwater art

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seamonster01:
Do you mean like the fish at Les Davis?
I still wonder who built that.

Someday the story will be told... I was shocked that it took as much lift to move it as it did....

divethug:
I live in the PNW, make art and scuba dive. My focus is welded metal sculptures. I am 20 years old and studying sculpture at Montana State University and will be transferring to Central WA University in the fall. I haven't done too many marine/scuba pieces since I only got hooked on scuba in June. But I have a sketchbook full of ideas to combine both my passions nature/scuba and art. I would really like to create an underwater sculpture park/artificial reef somewhere in the Puget Sound. I don't have a website, but I am in the process of building one.

Briston Trapp

I agree with StillHOpe - I think Bruce would love to have some sculpture underwater. Bruce will give you a firm foundation about what is possible, and what works. Come join us - any Saturday or Sunday show up at the Edmonds UW sports store at 9 AM.

"Someday the story will be told... I was shocked that it took as much lift to move it as it did...."

what if you used false names and addresses...

I love that thing and would love to see more of the same type of stuff spread all over the place.

Well, I guess I'd better check it out. I'd never heard of it, much less seen it.

Say, how about some of you underwater videographers out there shooting some footage of it for me? An establishing shot of it silhouetted against the sun? Some close-ups showing detail, workmanship, materials. Some swimming shots around, over, along it? Some of the critters living in/on/around it? Don't forget the itsy bitsy ones. Maybe while you're at it, interview the artist?

I'll help you edit it if you need help. We'll get that fish on TV!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom