Looking for Warm Water Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travisc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a week of vacation to burn, and that means getting out of seattle. The last full week of January looks like it. I would like your experiences and recommendations on where to go.

I have been to Hawaii, and Belize, and in Dec 07 I'll be going to Playa del Carmen in Mexico.

I am looking at Belize again, maybe Costa Rica, or Cozumel, but its very close to Playa del Carmen.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Roatan ... CocoView has unlimited diving with two walls and a wreck easily accessible from shore.

If I had a week to burn I'd go back in a heartbeat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

second the Cocoview resort tip, great place and I got in 19 dives in 5.5 days. Not too shabby. It's also all inclusive with 3 hearty buffet meals a day.

As you're on the west coast and its a long flight eastward, you might think of Fiji or the south pacific. Quick 2.5 hour flight to LAX, then hope off to where-ever from there.

I've got 2 weeks in Fiji over Christmas, and its my 3rd trip there. Simply stunning awesome corals and beautiful people that are some of the friendliest on earth.

Try Fantasy Island also on Roatan.

I got a lot of recommendations for Grand Cayman when I asked this question, and I did a bunch of reading and it really sounded good for somebody who wants primarily a diving vacation. We decided against it because we had non-divers in our group.

I love diving the keys,,,great wrecks and reefs....

Bonaire!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom