Looking to get your AOW in S. FLA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thezeker: The AOW "class" was just my buddy and me so the class work was done mostly at the boat before the dive trip(s) and again after the dives to review what we did. Although, we did our navigation dive at the Blue Heron Bridge so we met up early to go over the class work before that dive. Bottom line, we did do our class work and knowledge reviews with Kevin.

If you are considering getting your AOW and South Florida is a possibility then I cannot encourage you enough to call Kevin. The more I dive (I'm still somewhat new in terms of # of dives) the more I realize how inadequate my Open Water training was. One weekend with Kevin improved my skills significantly. That's my experience, yours may vary. :wink:

My next goal is to see if OneSpeed will teach me lobstering. :cheers:

Kevin is a great instructor. I intrusted him to do the Open Water dives for my girlfriend and he brought a lot of value added instruction, going above and beyond.

I have never dove with Kevin but from everything that I have read, I can say I would not hesitate to further my education with him. I can honestly say I do not think I have heard a bad thing. Nobody is perfect but it sounds like Kev has it together.

Similar to Jeff, I would not hesitate to talk to Kevin to take any of my loved ones on as students.

I have dove with Kevin several times and although I never took a class with him, he was happy to give me some pointers on the use of a recently purchased piece of equipment. That advice on a speargun, has proved invaluable in loading and shooting many fish. Thanks again Kevin!

Thezeker: The AOW "class" was just my buddy and me so the class work was done mostly at the boat before the dive trip(s) and again after the dives to review what we did. Although, we did our navigation dive at the Blue Heron Bridge so we met up early to go over the class work before that dive. Bottom line, we did do our class work and knowledge reviews with Kevin.

If you are considering getting your AOW and South Florida is a possibility then I cannot encourage you enough to call Kevin. The more I dive (I'm still somewhat new in terms of # of dives) the more I realize how inadequate my Open Water training was. One weekend with Kevin improved my skills significantly. That's my experience, yours may vary. :wink:

My next goal is to see if OneSpeed will teach me lobstering. :cheers:

That is exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks.

Ahhh crap. I meant UE not GE.

Whoop! And the nun spins! Thank you everyone for saying such nice things about me! I'm getting all verklempt! Thezeker, I'd love the chance to work with you, give me a shout.

Yes, that's exactly what meant. Somewhere my eighth grade nun is spinning in her grave for my failure to proofread my post. I am thinking about trying GE this Friday but the weather doesn't look too good.

You might have a nice window this weekend. 2/20 and 2/21

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom