Looking to go HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nikodeepdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha from Kauai!

I am a Dive Instructor in Kauai and currently shoot with a Sony PC110. I am looking to upgrade to HD and am looking for an overall quality HD camera and lighter weight housing. I am not looking for the best of the best or top dollar product, remember I am a Dive INstructor so funds are limited, but want something good, lightweight (as I have to be in control of leading a group as my highest priority) and sturdy. Any and all suggestions of what you may recommend, as well as the best deals in obtaining the camera and housing is really appreciated!

Many Mahalos,

Niko

Canon HF M30 or M300, with waterproof housing WP-V2. Altogether with media cards and extra batteries, should be about $1500. Go to bhphoto.com

Sanyo VPC-HD2000 with Epoche Housing or if more budget Patima Housing. I got mine for under 500 dollars for the Sanyo and Epoche was about 300 dollars. As for my Patima, it was about 1,100 dollars but it is the best housing you can get. As for Sanyo true 1080p (progressive) 60fps. But remember you will need a new computer to edit this real HD 1080p 60fps. But you can always record on lower HD. You will also need lightings if you haven't got some. I am using two 1000 lumens LED Fix, great lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom