Looks like a beaver attacked my Atomic 1st stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, the environment seal (right) damage is that all the way around?? With the other trim ring (left) that appears to be an early square hole trim ring. Or was that originally environment seal that now has holes in it from usage?
It’s all the way around as the seals can rotate since they well lubed.
The reg on the left just has a hole, well a few holes in the environmental seal.

By popular demand, I present to you a picture of my ravaged environmental seals (The black ring in the middle of the 1st stages).

View attachment 814035
Looks like sabotage from a MK 25 user, they all have long “fancy“ finger nails :wink:

they are very jealous of your sealing ability.

Side mount and CCR:
On land, no.
On a boat, yes. From my seat to the water and back up the ladder then to my seat.

Pony:
Much less often but it’s clipped in to the water on land and on the boat.
I'm not particularly kind to my Atomics which are all are environmentally sealed, and have never seen this issue, including the several hundred I have serviced. Without seeing the whole system on land or in the water I'm at a loss. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas about what you should do besides to stop doing whatever you are doing, which isn't particularly helpful...

If you add some pictures of how everything sits on you both on land and in the water maybe a solution can be found!

Why do you assume the damage was caused while in use/rigged up. How about damage in transport? If you transport the regs in a gear crate or together with other dive gear is it possible the damage is caused by gear (Goodman handles, bolt snaps, etc) sitting on top of the seals in transport?

Why do you assume the damage was caused while in use/rigged up. How about damage in transport? If you transport the regs in a gear crate or together with other dive gear is it possible the damage is caused by gear (Goodman handles, bolt snaps, etc) sitting on top of the seals in transport?

Good out of the box thinking! But my regs ride in their reg bag. Never had an issue with seal damage until they were used for sidemount/bailout.

If you add some pictures of how everything sits on you both on land and in the water maybe a solution can be found!
I’ll try to get around to taking some pics of that but sadly it will be a little while until I’ll be back in the water.

the pic on the right looks like some sort of friction rub? could it be the sidemaout set up - maybe a sharp clip or double ender?-have they been in contact with anything than can cause a break down like petrol or something similar maybe acetone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom