Losing a friend, and regret..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prayers aloft Scott.
Rick

After reading this thread, I moved on and tryed to forget.But then memorylane got up with me.

A few years ago I lost a good freind during a dive,and I never had a chance to speak my mind to him,so if you have the chance do NOT let it go but take it.If not you will be sorry,I know I am.So be sure you never have a regread.

I still brings a tear while writing this.

Upon the wonders of the heavens I did cast my life;
this earth could have me no more.

Upon the breath of the wind, my time did pass;
the ripples fade out, standing motionless on the shore.

My wife and children watched sadly as I quietly drifted by;
Yet I could offer no more, than that which I had gave

For in them I do always live, and in them, my life ...
they did forever save.

-

I'm so sorry to hear for their and your loss.

Prayers and well wishes and good thoughts coming from my heart to your friend, and you. Peace.

Scott, my brother in law was in a terrible motorcycle accident in September. They didn't think he would survive due to the head injuries. Once they determined that he would live, they didn't think he would ever wake up and would remain in a persistent vegitative state.

He woke up last week after being in a coma for almost 4 months, and is recovering rapidly.
Keep a positive attitude. We will be thinking of you.

I have an update from one of my friend's daughters..

January 6th, 2006

Dad has been moved out of ICU into a physical therapy area. He will go through several weeks of very intensive rehab. We are hoping that the feeding tube will be removed soon as it drives Dad crazy :)

Dad is speaking more, but it will take time for his voice to become more audible and understandable.

Yesterday the EMT's from the scene visited Dad. They were absolutely amazed that he was even alive. They said that it was a miracle and that in their over 10 years each as EMT's they've never seen someone come back from as bad off as Dad was. One of the EMT's said that most people arriving to the hospital in that condition are pronounced dead on arrival, but for some reason every one felt that they had to just keep trying even for 45 minutes after they should have let him go. Thank God they did!!!! They said that when Dad did come back, they were surprised about how strong his heartbeat was and knew that he wanted to live. Dad shook the hands of the EMT's and said thank you to them in an emotional voice.

Thank you for your continued prayer and support.

--Sarah

Glad to hear of the improvement thanks for the update.

Hope he gets well ASAP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom