Losing Weight Like I'm Getting Paid For It. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DustyC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've lost 88lbs and now I'm looking into getting a semi dry, since I finally fit into some rack suits. I work for an SP dealer, so i get key man pricing. So I'm looking specifically at their products.

My wrists and ankles are down to bone and muscle, and my neck almost is, but my core still carries some size.

I don't want to buy a suit and have to buy another in 2 months, then buy another in another 2 months as I get another 50+ lbs off.
So what are my options besides a bag suit that I can't afford even with my discount?

If I were to buy a Nova Scotia, would it still work effectively as I opened space I the torso as long the 5 openings seal?

Or should I just hold off until I get much closer to my target weight?

Unfortunately I think you are stuck in the middle at the moment. A semi dry will work to a certain extent but won't be perfect due to the space inside.

Even going for a bag suit, you will still have a large compromise between the bits that fit and those that don't.

I would potentially get something cheapish at the moment to get you by and accept that for the moment anyway!,You will not have a good fit.

Oh and congratulations on losing so much. I have just started down a similar route (not as much to lose though) so I know how it feels.

Back
Top Bottom