Lost diver - Port Royal Sound, South Carolina - Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was funny to hear it was one of the same divers as last month, but not any longer. They did a massive five day search so I am guessing something happened below. And they had such a good idea of the divers taking turns tied to a rope. We may never know.

It is very sad.

I’ve had to make those phone calls to next of kin to tell them we were suspending the searches for their loved ones.

They wanted closure, and I couldn’t give it to them. “Is he dead?” “I don’t know, ma’am, but we have nowhere else to look.” You try to prepare them for the decision as you give them updates on the search, but there’s no way for loved ones to be prepared for that combination of uncertainty and loss of hope.

My heart goes out to this man’s family and friends.

Sounds like he was a good man.

It's good that they recovered him at least. I still wonder why he did not tie onto the rope as agreed. A sad loss for his family after enduring the overnight loss the month prior.

Back
Top Bottom