Lost Hollis H160 dive scooter in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And that is why I have a scubaboard sticker on the inside and a business card attached as well.

Good on ya Martin!

And to tell, how in hell do you loose a scooter?? It should be tied to you or something if you drop it in order to swim around or just carry it like a bailout bottle.

It was a rough low vis beach dive. I used the scooter to get out into chest deep water, stopped to put on my fins, and the scooter came unclipped off the the tow line. The gate clip did not close all the way, and it got away from me before I realized it was gone. The vis was only about three feet close in off the beach, and I could not see it moving away. It was found two miles away by two guys fishing off a pier. It traveled two miles in less than two hours. Lessons learned: use two clips on the tow line, ID all over the scooter, and purchase insurance!

Back
Top Bottom