Loving my S95-Recsea Set up...Want a macro lens! ADVICE PLEASE.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, iv now had over 40dives with my camera set up and i am loving it. Going from a d7000 wide angle lens set up at work to this took a while getting used to things but i am finding my results amazing. I do want to eventually get a wide angle lens, yet my love atm is for the little fellas!. Currently spent the last 4days diving the USS Liberty wreck in Bali, Tulamben and i am just not getting as close to the little guys as id want to. Especialy on nudi's iv found my self using manual focus to get the best results.

I want to get a macro lens and i would just like some opinions on what the best road to go down is...I think in the future i want to get a Inon UWL-100 28AD so maybe that will determine what macro lens i get now.

Also on a side note, does anyone know where to get a replacment plastic cap for my recsea housing. The one that covers the screw thread on the port, as my GF seems to have knocked it off when entering the water.

Thanks in advance. Some example pics would be amazing.

You won't really need that cap. It was never secure and seem was designed to get lost. : )

Best thing for you is to not just consider what you want at the moment but how you want to complete your set of Wide Angle Lenses and Macro Lenses, required adapters and Strobes.

The lenses will determine which mounts you will need. the mounts for the Recsea housing are not cheap and as such I would recommend you choose the Wide Angle Lenses and Macro Lenses for the same mounts. Makes it possible also to swap wet lenses underwater.

I went for the INON AD Lenses because I got good feed back from various people on this board (see the big FIX S90 thread).

If you go with the AD Mount (Bayonet mount makes it way easier to swap lenses than with M67 screw mounts) I would recommend the INON UFL 164AD Fisheye Lens and the INON UCL165AD Macro Lenses that can be used double stacked.

If you go with the M67 screw mount, there are more lenses to choose from. I think the Fisheye UWL-04 lens and Subsea Macro Lenses are a nice combination thast covers both Wide Angle and Macro.

Nice, i like the look of the INON UCL165AD, will have a look on this board for example shots. So if i went down the line of the AD mount, I presume i need to get a mount for my recsea that accomodates AD lenses?.

Yes, you will need the AD adapter.

I have posted a lot of photos I have taken with both lenses. Check through various threads I started recently to get a better idea for what the lenses are capable of. I have been quite happy with the images the set-up is capable of.

Have been experimenting with my latest acquisition, INON UFL-M150 micro fisheye lens.

Thanks Ozzi! Will take a look. Any idea on where the best place to buy them from is. I am currently in Bali, yet i am meeting up with my parents in 3weeks. So i was thinking of ordering to my mum and dads address in England and getting them to bring me the bits. Would some where in US be the best option. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so i am going to go for the Inon Inon UCL-165AD Close-up Lens yet from what i have seen i have two different adapter options. Fisheye FIX Canon S90 Housing Inon 28AD Adapter or a Dyron AD Adapter for Recsea S90 and S95 housings. The dryon works out a little cheaper.

Also would a Inon AD Lens Holder be compatible with these?

Any one had any experience with any of them.. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have the AD adapter from FIX and works great. have no experience with the Dyron. Yes works with the lens holders from Inon.

You can order it from :

Splash Under Water Photography and Accessories

It's a new website so no prices yet. I get all my stuff from him. He is based in Mani9la but ships worldwide. Look for Jovic Santos

I want the M150 lens badly. The UCL165AD should do fine for you. You will need to zoom in but then isn't that the point of macro? Really, I have the UCL165AD, I never use it but rarely.

N

Back
Top Bottom