Loving Santa Rosa Wall, then Balones....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those that love the all inclusive touch then I think Santa Rosa Wall fills that bill for diving on Coz. It has big green morays, nurse sharks, lobsters, swim throughs, nudi branch, a gazillion fish and I can stay above 70fsw to see this stuff. Too cool. At times the drift was swift but very manageable. When it died down, beautiful. What I love is at the end of it you can head east of the wall to the shallows and have your safety stop in an amazing garden. I love that part, the whole dive is a dive. great.
We chased the sub, or I did anyway. That was fun again. It tenders at Bolones and we where fortunate to have it operating during our dive. I get a kick out of the people in the pod.
Bolones' current was almost nil. Just lovely, I used 32 and no wetsuit at one hour I started getting too cold to stay down. But I found tons of life drifting agonizingly slow. It was so hard not to move, great zen diving.:D
It was a couple peoples' last dive. Gypsyjim and his child bride Colleen. And Chris. Very cool people and great divers. I really enjoyed their company. I wish them great dives in the future, thank you guys for sharing the boat with me.:D

Last edited:
love the daily reports....did I miss the one from yesterday or did you take a day off of diving ? :)

Santa rosa was my favorite dive pre Wilma I haven't been back to that site since ....guess it is time to dive on it again

It was fun diving with you this week Keven! Thanks.

Coxumel_Feb11-d_139.jpg

Keep in touch.

Love the reports. Man, I am so anxious to get back, it hurts. I've already started planning my next trip.
See ya soon

Jim buddy you needed to stay down a little longer, look how white ya look. lol. I really enjoyed our dives and chats on the boat. I hope we can do it again. Take care.

Santa Rosa is one of my Top 10 favs in the Caribbean. I know a lot of people feel it's not worth it, which is fine with me. Just means there will be less people on it and more of it for me to enjoy! :D My favorite Santa Rosa dives have been in the 80-90 ft range and the working our way slowly up the wall from there.

OMG, I am soooooo wanting to get back there soon! I am definitely well past my lack of trip limit. Way past.

Any photos? Video clips? Plllllleeeeeezzzzzz? :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom