LP shipping sucks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a similar experience...

I wanted my new bc shipped to a po box, which they initially said they could, and they called after I ordered it saying they couldn't. Then I gave them my house address and they managed to ship my gear to a combination of my house address and my po box! Which are over 150 miles away! Anyhow, they didn't do too much to fix it and get the stuff here on time, but would I order from them again? Absolutely, why? They are CHEAP!!!! :bounce:

-Adam

dennisgrimm once bubbled...
here is the scenario:
1. On sept. 30th I ordered $850 US worth of gear (I live in Canada)

2. Around oct. 8th I recieve my entire order except for one OMS light (ordered two of them, only one arrived, second one backordered).

3. On oct. 10th second light is shipped.

4. Oct. 23rd I call to find out where in the hell my light is.

5. Thier response
"Hi, Dennis
The OMS LED (7 LED) was shipped out to you on 10/10/03 via us-mail
I don't have a tracking # ,
Thank You"

6. My response
"US mail? That will take something like 6-8 weeks!!!! I did not pay $80.64 ($USD) to have my order delivered to me via horseback. Your policy in regards to international shipments as is posted on your website as "Orders shipped outside the US will be shipped via UPS only, since overseas orders takes weeks or months to arrive by regular surface mail, except military and APO, FPO addresses, which will be shipped US Mail." Since, to the best of my knowledge, I am not a "military, APO, or FPO address" you have broken your own policy and I am going to suffer the consequences. I am not impressed."

7. Their response
"Hi
Sorry for inconvenience"

Am I justified for being pissed? I think so

I one time about 8 yrs. ago needed a flashlight bulb that I could not get locally. So I called up LP. They wanted 10 bucks for shipping on a lightbulb. I had to tell them to piss off.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Sounds typical to me. Everyone knows who the Leisure Pro folks are right? If you don't just PM me and I'll explain it.

Why can't you say in public?

I have bought a great deal of stuff from LP. I have visited the place too-creaky,cramped, and musty. I am skeptical if they dive-much if ever- but they know their stuff. They don't concentrate on customer service just low prices. They aren't too talky.

Being from the midwest I got a kick out of being there. I spoke with a fellow customer from Germany and then a man from the middle east about mask selection. All the while this young, helpful, jewish kid looked for a undersuit for me. For me the trip emboddied the new America-I was the only WASP in the store.

I once had a broken spring in my MXIIEX camera-I am pretty sure it was from me pushing on it too hard. It was still under warranty and I sent it to LP. After a month they sent it back, repaired, with the busted spring in a plastic bag. I was impressed.

Who's LP?
I never buy online, but if they are mcu chaeper then a locas store?
I live here in the Netherlands and you always pay here to much!!

What is the sire? (URL)

Thanx... :wavey:

sunnydiver once bubbled...
Who's LP? I never buy online, but if they are mcu chaeper then a locas store?
I live here in the Netherlands and you always pay here to much!!
What is the sire? (URL)
Thanx...

LP = Leisure pro, http://www.leisurepro.com. They're based in new York.

In the Netherlands it is probably goedkoper and gemakkelijker for you to order from DiveInn ScubaStore in Estartit, Spain. http://www.diveinn.com.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

I've made a number of orders through LP, in fact I have a package that I ordered yesterday, which UPS now tells me is sitting on my doorstep this morning.

I'm in Rhode Island, and they are in NYC, which isn't too far. But I must say, I've been very very satisfied with everything I purchased from them.

By the way I'm new to diving, so if anyone in Rhode Island is looking for someone to dive with PM me!

-Ken

I live in Minnesota and stuff is always here on time.

The packaging doesn't LOOK the best(like it's been used a number of times) but it's functional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom