LP vs HP Regulator ports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP ports have a thread count of 24
HP ports have a thread count of 20
Thread count is the # of turns it would take per 1 inch.
There are metric threads also on some reg's.

Size is the difference. A low pressure port is smaller than the high pressure port, so the HP plug will be larger than your LP plug. Otherwise, the plugs are similar in materials and thickness, and O-rings are the same thickness.

Not necessarily. Not sure of the year (early 70's I think) but in the early days both ports were 3/8 inch, later the HP port was increased to 7/16". There are also some LP ports that are 1/2" although most are 3/8".

OP, most dive shops will give them away so drop by your LDS and ask for some plugs and get some spares, never know when you might need one.

Not necessarily. Not sure of the year (early 70's I think) but in the early days both ports were 3/8 inch, later the HP port was increased to 7/16". There are also some LP ports that are 1/2" although most are 3/8".

OP, most dive shops will give them away so drop by your LDS and ask for some plugs and get some spares, never know when you might need one.

Some Mares (MR-22 Abyss at least did), and I think I remember some Dacor regs used the 1/2" for their "primary" LP port. So you do need to check.

Good luck.

Some Mares (MR-22 Abyss at least did), and I think I remember some Dacor regs used the 1/2" for their "primary" LP port. So you do need to check.

Good luck.

My Aqua Lung SEA does as well and there were others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom