Lubbett Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This quarry is truely awesome down in London, Kentucky. We had about 100' Viz with HUGE BASS and some catfish to play with. Very little silt on the bottom. No caves...That's a good thing as most quarries around here have caves. Temperture was still in the mid 60's with the bottom temp around 60 degrees. Most depths are about 30-40 ft. but it does approach 120' in one area. I sware I think we could see the surface from 100'. We sure in the heck didnt' need flashlights....

HAD A BLAST....

it was a lot of fun!! the fish were great, I thought it was a little cold but still fun, it was great to dive back in the good ol' KY again!!
:) = A J

Is this place open to the public? Website, details, etc?

Thx,

Dwight

We have special permission from the owner. It's probably where we will start doing half our certs. It's a little further than LaGrange but we can camp there too. Plus there are hotels and a Cracker Barrel near by...:D

Can you tell me more about the quarry in London Ky. I live about 20min fron london.
Thanks Kenny

I didn't drive so I'm not 100% for sure on the directions. I would most of the time I drive but my truck was totalled Thursday by a highschool kid skipping school.....He's insured well....We took the first London exit and drove east for a good 20 minutes or more. It's probabyl 10-15 miles outside London. I think the guy in somerset is talking about buying it.

Can you dive anytime there? Who do you contact to dive there? any info would be good . Are you planing another dive if so when ?I would like to go Kenny.

KROBI once bubbled...
Can you dive anytime there? Who do you contact to dive there? any info would be good . Are you planing another dive if so when ?I would like to go Kenny.

I was contacted by a friend in Somerset to dive this location. I don't plan on diving for another month or so. Not for sure where we'll be diving.. I'll keep you posted. Or AJ can too.

Back
Top Bottom