LUMS? Video Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggeorgie2007

Registered
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of research on various video lights. The more I look at different lights though, the more I get confused. I'm just not sure what to buy. I have about a $1000.00 dollars to put together lights for my video rig. What my question is: will I notice a significant difference in the color quality of my videos from 2 lights putting out 1000 lums (500 each) or 2 lights putting out 2000 lums (1000 each)? Will 1000 lums make that much of a difference? I don't mind spending the extra money if I will get better quality video, but don't want to spend it if I won't get that big of a difference between 1000 and 2000 lums. Thank you.

Ps. If you are looking for an H2O Extra Air source check out the market place. I am selling an almost brand new one for a good price. $175.00

The difference from 1000 total lumens to 2000 total lumens is definitely a big difference. What kind of video system are you shooting with?

Generally, 1000 lumens per light head (2000 per set) is the minimum I find acceptable for video. More light is never a bad thing.

A nice compact way to go would be the Fisheye Fix lights. A set of Fix 1000's would put you over $1,000...however pretty much all systems will. Here is an estimate of pricing (may vary based on chosen arms).

Dual Fix 1000s with ULCS arms-approx$ $1450 (includes battery and charger for each and all ULCS components)

Big Blue 1 x 30 LED lights
(with dual 1000 light heads, batteries, charger and ULCS arms) $1,850

Light and Motion Sunray 1000 LEDS (1000 per light head), with ULCS: $2899

All of the above are very good video light sets. I know the others are WAY out of your planned budget. I put them there for comparison of the Fix 1000 pricing compared to other comparative lights.

The Fix 1000s are the best buy for the $$ and definitely the most compact. You will be MUCH happier with your results with a set of 1000s over 500's

Thank you for your reply. I am interested in further information and a quote. I have replied to your pm. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom