Luxfer Tank Is This A Bad One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed66

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question I just picked a used tank at my local dive shop, it has a June 03 vis/hydro 12/02. The other markings are P342793LUXFER 11(and what looks like a (A) with a line going down the center) and 87. The other last hydro date I found was 9/98 I just want to know if this is one of the one's on the vol recall. Thanks

this cylinder is one of the ones that Luxfer is accepting in trade for a $50 voucher.

You pay the shipping to Luxfer and they send you the voucher to use at an authorized Luxfer dealer for a new cylinder.

Good luck,

C_C

Do you know were I can get some printed stuff on this so I can so the guy who sold me the tank, I dont know if he knew it or not he is the shop owner and also the guy who gave me lesson's. Thanks Ed

Ed66 once bubbled...
Do you know were I can get some printed stuff on this so I can so the guy who sold me the tank, I dont know if he knew it or not he is the shop owner and also the guy who gave me lesson's. Thanks Ed

The Luxfer site has the best information on their products http://www.luxfercylinders.com/

There's nothing technically wrong with the tank unless it fails a visual inspection. There have been no recalls and lots of people still use them.

Not to mention the $50 voucher program expired in Dec 2003.

As long as it still passes Visual Eddies and hydros it's fine. Don't be overfilling/hotfilling etc, but that's the same as it's always been for AL tanks.

FWIW I still dive an "alumibomb" Walter Kidde tank myself. They were never technically "recalled" - it was just a DOT advisory.

When the information about the voucher was posted, it was still in effect.

COVCI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom