Luxury Live-Aboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well it is that time of the year again when we try to plan our family vacation. My parents wanted to charter a sailboat and dive and do shore excursions, but my sister and I feel like too my time with the parents might drive us all crazy. So I suggested a bigger live-aboard. At least somewhere where we can meet new people and talk about the diving we did that day.

But I need to find some higher class live-aboards. My mom is real into the "crew takes care of all your gear" stuff. I'm not, but I'll deal. I am hoping to find something that offers casual dinning with somewhat gourmet food.

I guess I am almost thinking a cruise like Princess or Celebrity but scaled down. To something like 30 passengers.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

If you are looking for higher end liveaboards in the Caribbean, check out these:

Aquacat Does the Bahamas and includes stuff for non-divers or divers who aren't hard core.

Cuan Law This would be my choice if money weren't an object. I've only read very positive reviews about this boat.

Most of the Aggressor boats would also be very nice as well.

bug:
Well it is that time of the year again when we try to plan our family vacation. My parents wanted to charter a sailboat and dive and do shore excursions, but my sister and I feel like too my time with the parents might drive us all crazy. So I suggested a bigger live-aboard. At least somewhere where we can meet new people and talk about the diving we did that day.

But I need to find some higher class live-aboards. My mom is real into the "crew takes care of all your gear" stuff. I'm not, but I'll deal. I am hoping to find something that offers casual dinning with somewhat gourmet food.

I guess I am almost thinking a cruise like Princess or Celebrity but scaled down. To something like 30 passengers.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Book the family on Blackbeards - you won't have the problem of your parents coming with you again!

TG54, BlackBeards is a much more primitive live-aboard than the original poster was asking about. Ted was just being funny. At least, I got quite a chuckle out of the image of this nice older couple in their fancy clothing crawling down a hatch into the galley and then tossing their leather suitcases onto the bunk next to the table...

Check out windjammer cruises, the specialty cruises might work for you

bug:

Anybody have any ideas?

Check this out:
http://www.nautilusexplorer.com/

Your Mom will love it. You'll likely get a kick out it too.

World class experience.

The diving is top-rate globally. The shore tours aren't bad either. And, the food is great.

Gotch ya! They were recommended to us, and I plan to book with them in May 05.
Have a good one.

I'll second the Nautilus Explorer recommendation. I've been on a trip with them and had a good time. It's the easiest cold water diving I've ever done. They now are offering Baja trips too for those of you who only dive in warm water.

Nautilus-at-anchor.jpg

Nautilus trip report

Nautilus Explorer photo gallery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom