"luxury" liveaboard Mid-Nov 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Howdy Folks,

I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon in Thailand for Nov 7-23. We'll be traveling around to several different locations but are planning for a 5-7 day Similan/Richelieau trip in the middle of the trip (11-17sh). We where originally aiming for the MS Marmin but the coordinator/outfitter we're using has informed us that the Marmin is currently tied up in legal mumbo jumbo over a pending sale, so booking is an issue. Since it's a honeymoon I had to promise I'd make the boat as "luxurious" as possible so we're looking for alternatives. We've already looked at The Junk (schedule doesn't work) and are currently considering the Diva Adaman, which seems very nice.

I was just curious if anyone could share their experiences with this particular LOB. Also looking for other high-end liveaboards we should be considering. For the record, my fiance is not high maintenance at all, but she'd like as nice a boat as possible in the spirit of the honeymoon. Which, if it means we get to dive the Similans while we're there....I'm perfectly fine with.

Thanks in advance,
E

You know, you could actually rent a crewed catamaran just for the two of you and do whatever diving, island hopping, etc., that you wanted. They tend to be luxury options.
That is how you plan a honeymoon!

That does sound like a cool option but it also sounds like a bit more of a logistical challenge. We're really leaning towards the 6 day trip on the Diva, to make it simple...though it is a bit pricier than we where originally hoping for. It just seems like a very nice boat and it would be nice to let someone else deal with the logistics of tanks, dive sights, nitrox fills, food, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah, e-diver, it's not really so hard. You just need the right catamarn and everything else is done for you, from the cooking to the tanks to the dive site selection. There's no nitrox, though. I know a perfect cat for your needs--it even has its own compressor built in on board.

So, how much would something like that cost for 5-6 days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll get back to you on that. At the moment I'm in Manila airport after a fam PI trip. Give me a day or two to get home and get my head on straight!

The Diva Andaman is certainly the nicest boat in the area. I went to see the boat at the start of last season. So nice, and during the season we got the best comments back from guests. The trip 11 - 17 November still has a few cabins available. Enoy your honeymoon!

Cheers
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom