Made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivakdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A while back I sent an email inquiry to Zeagle regarding a newly purchased Scout BC. I bought it at a local store in Ontario as a travel BC. Have used a Ranger for years and like the product. One factor is the Made in USA, as. I like to support North American companies, if it's possible,
On closer inspection of the little white label, attached to the product, it stated Made in China. Where exactly are the Zeagle Scout BC's made? In the USA, as stated on Web Site or in China as indicated on the actual product?

can you show me please where does it say on their website is MADE IN USA?

but i would go with the label, at most sometimes you will see "Designed in USA" "Made in China"

The Scout used to be made in the US. I have one about 10+ years old that has no little white tags. 'Zeagle Systems Inc.- Made in the USA' is printed very clearly on the large white label permanently attached to the center back pad. At some point Zeagle seems to have quietly farmed out some of their manufacturing to China. A Chinese origin does not seem to be reflected in the price. Mine has a small US flag on one shoulder flap. I wonder if the Chinese made Scouts have a Chinese flag. If not they should. More accurate and honest.

At some point Zeagle seems to have quietly farmed out some of their manufacturing to China.

hasn't everyone?
yet the now cheaper manufacturing costs are not reflected in the prices we pay

I was on the Zeagle site today and, although the Scout is out of stock, it still has Made in the USA listed beside it.
My Scout has a Canadian flag on it, perhaps that is why it is made in China?

---------- Post added May 9th, 2012 at 02:27 PM ----------

Didn't realize this was an old thread as I'm a new member. Thanks for the information.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2012 at 02:40 PM ----------

I see on the Site that it is probably the Stiletto BC that is made in USA. I thought this list of ' qualities'
referred to the Scout BC as that is what I had been looking at on the website.It is,in fact, referring to the Stiletto BC, as an alternative to the Scout, which is currently shown as 'out of stock. My mistake. I find the Zeagle BC's are excellent And I do recommend them. I am glad that Zeagle stands behind the product wherever it is actually made. I will have to do a better job at reading those little white labels in the future.

I bought my Scout in August '09. It also has Made In USA on the center back pad label.

This is from Zeagle's "About" page: Zeagle: About the Company - Zeagle Dive Systems "Many prominent manufacturers simply label products made by offshore OEM factories, and have no production facilities of their own. Market demands have necessitated that even we “off-shore” and “home-source" some products. We do, however, still manufacture and design buoyancy systems, regulators, and many other products in our own factory in Zephyrhills, Florida. This gives us an intimate understanding of construction and quality and makes it far easier to innovate new designs."

On the Scout page: Scout - Recreational BCs - BCs - Zeagle Dive Systems
It clearly say's "It's made in the USA".

I understand this to mean that the Scout is made in Zephyrhills, Fl. I'm sure Scott will chime in soon to clarify.

On the Scout page: Scout - Recreational BCs - BCs - Zeagle Dive Systems
It clearly say's "It's made in the USA".
Where do you see that? This is referring to the Wicked Lite that is suggested on the Scout page as an alternative:

Capture.JPG

You have to look at this more positively.

With as little as they pay those little china kids to build the BCs you should be comforted that at least most of the money stays here is the US.

The money goes to the employees and is spent right here in the US.

The money goes to the employees and is spent right here in the US.

Ha ha ha- nice one. How's this one? It's well known corporate profits are directly filtered down from the top earners to the factory workers. Bazinga!

Back
Top Bottom