Magic Resorts New Resort Specials - Moalboal & Bohol, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiquidDivingAdventure

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Magic Resorts in the Philippines has just opened a new dive resort location on Bohol Island. Their second resort is named Magic Oceans and is open and ready for divers. Now we have two great choices, Magic Island and Magic Oceans.

To celebrate the opening of the new resort, they are offering some special packages at both locations.

* Magic Island - Moalboal 7 nights accommodations, Cebu airport transfers, all meals, 5 dive days unlimited diving = $1195 USD per person (save $315 per person).

* Magic Island - Moalboal 13 nights accommodations, Cebu airport transfers, all meals, 10 dive days unlimited diving = $2195 USD per person (save $570 per person).

** Magic Oceans - Bohol 7 nights accommodations, Tagbilaran airport transfers, all meals, 5 dive days unlimited diving = $1250 USD per person (save $325 per person).

** Magic Oceans - Bohol 13 nights accommodations, Tagbilaran airport transfers, all meals, 10 dive days unlimited diving = $2295 USD per person (save $600 per person).

Website blog information: Liquid Diving Adventures | Magic Resorts - Philippines

Is Magic Oceans still offering the 7-night package for $1250 in 2016? How about spring 2017?

Am in Anda currently, the diving is quite disappointing and nowhere to call home about.
Desesperately lacking fish, save your money for more fish density in Balicasag/Panglao, Sipalay, Puerto Galera Anilao or such other destinations in the Philippines.

Thanks for your input Luko! I've been to all of those places you mentioned and yeah it's disappointing to hear Anda does not measure up. In Bohol I had a great time on Alona Beach and diving Panglao/Balicasag. I'm also considering Sogod Bay and Cabilao since I will be in the area...any thoughts?

I have just been to Anda , as well as Sogod Bay and Anilao on the same trip. Magic Oceans is a stunningly beautiful resort with a wonderful pool and garden. The food was by far the best I have ever had in the Philippines....apart from Liquid Dumaguete , which also has excellent food.

The diving is not as good as Sogod Bay , but I thought that it was very good....it has excellent macro and some very beautiful reef walls and tops. The owners were there when I was there and are such a nice couple. Anda is an extremely beautiful area , and I thought that the diving and the overall experience was nicer IMVHO than Panglao.

I have just been to Anda , as well as Sogod Bay and Anilao on the same trip. Magic Oceans is a stunningly beautiful resort with a wonderful pool and garden. The food was by far the best I have ever had in the Philippines....apart from Liquid Dumaguete , which also has excellent food.

The diving is not as good as Sogod Bay , but I thought that it was very good....it has excellent macro and some very beautiful reef walls and tops. The owners were there when I was there and are such a nice couple. Anda is an extremely beautiful area , and I thought that the diving and the overall experience was nicer IMVHO than Panglao.
Well to be straightforward, Anda is probably the only place I would not return in the Philippines, Reef top are mostly leather corals with very little fishlife and mundane macro : the usual nembrotha nudis, a couple of frogfish, seamoths. Since you are comparing to Alona/Balicasag , there's nowhere the nudibtranch variety you will find on Alona and it would not be fair to say there are as much fish as Balicasag. Honestly!! Even my exprienced guide, originally from Dauin was admitting that the place was bit disappointing in terms of nudibranches. Do you have any pictures regarding macro? I am quite demanding on that side, I am wondering what I missed but tht's maybe where our mileage varies.

As for food, I am not rating Philippines quite high, anyway. :wink:

No pictures as sadly my much loved Canon S110 camera died while I was in Leyte. I was really really impressed with Anilao though, amazing macro.​

No pictures as sadly my much loved Canon S110 camera died while I was in Leyte. I was really really impressed with Anilao though, amazing macro.​
Ouch...From experience, I know how it hurts in the midst of a dive trip.
I have to agree with Anilao, before Anda I was in 5 days in Anilao at Acacia Resort then 4 days in Alona/Balicasag.
In Anilao in that new hot site north of Secret Bay there was no less than 6 juvenile (more or less) hairy frogfishes in one dive, everyne of them was facing a photographer, would you believe that,...

Snooted hairy frogfish
by Ludovic, on Flickr

I'm heading to Magic Oceans for a few days in July- Really looking forward to diving this area as its pretty new for me (did a few dives there off Siren in 2009) will try to report back with photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom