Magnificent Cave Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was kind of disappointed this morning, when I tried to download the videos. It didn't seem any faster than the original site. But maybe everybody was doing it at the same time . . .

I don't think it's their site. I've consistently been getting 200+kb/sec in my tests. I just tried it right now and hit 296 kbps.

I started a download of the calimba video a couple of hours ago from the original site and was getting 5.6 kbps.

Awesome!
... not that your likely to find me in anything like that anytime soon :wink: .. I always like to watch divers "doing" things, and in different places

Thank you for hosting and posting them Perrone

Thanks but no thanks perrone.......

Do you have any idea what the implications are of hosting those videos ......

As if diving is not expensive enough...........I see a whole load of training, equipment and trips coming my way in the future.........If only I had stayed blissfully unaware.....................:wink:

One of the techniques to enter some of the Florida caves is pull and glide - because you are entering against the current. How do you think you can pull and glide without touching either stones on the floor or walls? Guideline is not for pulling. And the currents sometimes are very strong so yes - it's necessary.

BTW - Slawek and Robert have DIR-F. Robert was a translator of Fundamentals of DIR diving by JJ into Polish. They are IANTD instructors.

Mania

I can understand dealing with the current especially at entry and exit...that's not what I was referring to. Some of the videos have the divers touching the cave walls/floor now and then and it does not look like its is really necessary, but just looks handy.

Yes, I am aware that a guideline is not for pulling! I made not such reference.

Scubamax

As if diving is not expensive enough...........I see a whole load of training, equipment and trips coming my way in the future.........If only I had stayed blissfully unaware.....................

Yeah, that's like what I say about the cenote tours in Mexico. The most expensive dives you'll ever do . . . in the long run :D

Yeah, that's like what I say about the cenote tours in Mexico. The most expensive dives you'll ever do . . . in the long run :D

Yeah, I did the cenotes tour in mexico this spring.
Somehow I managed to surpress the experience to the back of my mind............But now I am lost..........:(

Do you think I could sue Perrone for the costs I will incure in the future??? :wink:

Maybe DAN third party liability will cover this? (That is if he has DAN, otherwise I will settle for his dive gear instead :D)

Some of the videos have the divers touching the cave walls/floor now and then and it does not look like its is really necessary, but just looks handy.

Looks can be decieving. It just depends on the situation. It also depends on how well travelled the cave is... You don't pull and glide in an untouched(or atleast unmolested cave), no matter what the current is doing. The caves these guys were diving are far from unmolested though, as visible by all the white limestone :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom