Magnifyer on Flexarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozzieworld I have acouple of questions.
I notice you now have the AD lens holders on your strobe arms, does that mean you don't use the Zulu strap idea anymore?
Secondly do you take the Inon plastic lens cap diving with you? I use a neoprene lens cover which i stick down the front of my wet suit when using the camera but it's a bit of a pain trying to get it back on again in the water. I don't like handing up my camera without a lens cover on as that's when I have had damage.

Well, since I added the second strobe. there was a convenient attachment point for a second lens holder so made sense to just mount it there. The zulu mounted one worked fine when I had the flex arm and single strobe set up. I did not have a convenient place for my macro lens then.

The hard cover on my fisheye is part of bungee tether and just tucks in behind the housing when in use. the hard cover is a lot easier to put on an remove. than neoprene.

Well, since I added the second strobe. there was a convenient attachment point for a second lens holder so made sense to just mount it there. The zulu mounted one worked fine when I had the flex arm and single strobe set up. I did not have a convenient place for my macro lens then.

The hard cover on my fisheye is part of bungee tether and just tucks in behind the housing when in use. the hard cover is a lot easier to put on an remove. than neoprene.

Thanks, I like the idea of using the hard cover but not sure how it can be tucked out of the way. Is it possible to post a picture?

The hard cover is attached to one end of the bungee tether. it is threaded through the tag end of a fat cable tie that secures it to the lens. The other end of the bungee tether has a plastic snap that I attach to the tray. Just in case I drop the lens when changing or burping the lens.

IMG_0403.JPG

This shot shows how I tuck the hard cover when in use. the bungee tether allows this and is quite convenient and easy to stash out of the way.

IMG_0406.JPG

Thanks for that, I'll work on something similar. I take it that you have put some heat shrink or something similar on the bungee either side of where it goes through the cable tie to stop it sliding about?

Just finished first attempt. Going diving on the great Barrier Reef tomorrow as it is my local dive spot. See how it all goes then. Thanks again
IMG_1732.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom