major world wrecks' location and depth, other stats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sybernut

Reaction score
Hi all

Am interested in wrecks and may pursue tech training if it allows access to interesting wrecks. Of course, have heard of the famous ones, but am wondering if anyone knows of a summary of major (i.e. interesting) world wrecks and their depths and other relevant stats...

thanks,
Sy

Sybernut,

If there were one reference book with all the major interesting wrecks in the world, it would take a truck to haul it around. I suggest you narrow your search to areas you would like to dive. I have about about 20 books about the history of ships, locations, etc. and they don't begin to scratch the surface of what's available. The internet is a great way to locate reference material, and someone on this site may be able to steer you to a particular book, reference, web site or dive shop that can really help you out. Good luck!

Here's a link to a site on good ole North Carolina wrecks. The graveyard of the Atlantic. Excellent diving!

http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/

sybernut:
Hi all

Am interested in wrecks and may pursue tech training if it allows access to interesting wrecks. Of course, have heard of the famous ones, but am wondering if anyone knows of a summary of major (i.e. interesting) world wrecks and their depths and other relevant stats...

thanks,
Sy

Since you live in Montreal, I'd suggest researching the Great Lakes basin... more shipwrecks than anywhere else in the world. Lake Huron on the michigan side has -- for my money -- some of the best wrecks at a modest depth range... less than 70 meters.

Buy some Cris Kohl books...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom