Making an LCD display for a camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Latches
I've seen a lot of posts mention using Latches from McMaster Carr (part# 1794A43) for canisters or housings. In the picture on their site it doesn't look like those latches have that extra safety so they don't come open accidentally. Is this true or is it just a bad picture?

Also why doesn't anyone use (part# 1794A51)? It's the same latch, just smaller. I'd think having a smaller latch would be better. Less bulk, less risk of entanglement, etc. Especially for what I'm using it for I'd think the smaller ones would be a better choice.

Cables
Next part is the cable for connecting the LCD to my camera. Well since it's going to be in a separate case I was looking at the Ikelite ICS - Connectors.
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/ics_conn.html

The only thing is these aren't cheap. Almost $70 and that's not even with the cable. Another $20 if you want the caps for the connectors for when it's not connected. Is there another source where I can get these cheaper? Does anyone else make them?

Back
Top Bottom