For Sale MAKO: Sale on Silicone Weight Belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Divers,
This week we are having a killer sale on our MAKO Spearguns Silicone Freedive Weight Belts!

Only $35.95!
silicone-dive-weight-belts__42358.1647228835.jpg

Shop Belts: Freedive Weight Belt (Silicone)

How to Choose the Best Freedive Belt:
MAKO FREE REPLACEMENT / SAFETY POLICY

To our valued customers: MAKO Spearguns recognizes that diving (both freediving and SCUBA) are potentially dangerous activities. We have all heard of tragic accidents where a diver is found on the bottom while still wearing a weight belt. We hope and pray that should any of our customers find themselves in a situation where ditching a belt may be necessary, that there is no delay and the belt is dropped immediately.
In many situations a belt is recoverable, however if your MAKO Spearguns belt and lead weights or belt reel are ditched (and lost) in a diving emergency…. I will replace it free of charge.
The last thing we want is our customers considering the cost of a lost belt in an emergency. The only thing we ask is that the individual shares with us (and our friends and customers) some sort of write-up about how the situation developed and how it was resolved. That way, we can all learn and be reminded to keep safety in the forefront of our minds.

Dive safe,
Dano

I have two of the silicone belts and 3 rubber ones. With the normal amount of weight that I need, the silicone belt is my go to. On my wet suits and when I was diving dry, the silicone belt stayed in place just a bit better than the rubber. Until I didn't need it to. Such as demo'ing a release of the belt.
The other thing that impresses me about the belt is that I purposely tried to get normal lead weights to fall off.
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
But as a matter of safety and for my own information, it was a test I had to try. I could not get the weights to fall off by grabbing the belt by the buckle and lifting it. A standard nylon belt would have seen damaged floors and toes if I'd been dumb enough to put them under it.
5lbs weights simply would not move. I've been using MAKO belts for many years and would not consider anything else.
I've recommended them to every student and I've even given a couple away to students.
Cannot go wrong with a MAKO belt.

Thanks very much Jim! People are probably surprised that a diver can get excited about a weightbelt, but as you know, these belts are so much better than the typical "scuba belt".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom