MAKO Spearguns: What's New?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
SPEAR-IT CHARTERS: SPEARFISHING AT BLOCK ISLAND, RI

Hey guys, I want to tell you about Captain Dave of SpearfishingCharters.com who guides trips to Block Island, off the Rhode Island Coast. Dave has won countless spearfishing trophies and currently holds the World Record for largest Striped Bass ever speared.

Block Island is the #1 destination in the world for for Striped Bass, but you'll also find Tataug, Black Sea Bass, Scup, Fluke, Triggers and more out there.​

68.4lbbass-001-192x300.jpg

Dave can accommodate any skill level of freediver and the island offers shallow & deep diving opportunities and will customize the day to your interests and skills.

Check out Dave's website » RHODE ISLANDS SPEARFISHING CHARTER - spearfishcharters.com :: SpearFishCharters.com

EBAY AUCTION: SUPPORTING OUR VETS

We're auctioning a 680 Lumen Dive Light & Speargun Bracket this month to Benefit the Fisher House.

The auction includes over $110 worth of gear:
• 680 Lumen Dive Light
• Batteries
• Wrist Glove
• Speargun Bracket

M680DL-2.jpg

flashlight-bracket-angle.jpg

680-dive-light-wrist-holder-on-arm.jpg

The Fisher House program recognizes the special sacrifices of our men and women in uniform and the hardships of military service by meeting a humanitarian need beyond what is normally provided by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs.

We donate 100% of the total sale price of each auction to Fisher House. We do not just donate the profit, we donate all of it. Then we ship the product to you at no cost as our 'thank you' to you.

The auction will be live for 7 days (through about noon EST on August 27), so please jump over to ebay and support our vets!

fisher_house.jpg

Click here to bid on the Fisher House ebay auction

MAKO Spearguns 680 Lumen Dive Light & Speargun Mounting Bracket Charity Auction

USA FREEDIVE TEAM MEMBER: JONATHAN LATA FUND RAISER

Great News: Jonathan Lata was invited to join the US Freediving team! "It is a great honor and has always been a dream of mine! Ever since I could swim, I've been in the ocean freediving and holding my breath." - jl

The Challenge: The competition is being held in September, in Sardina, Italy. That's an expensive competition to attend so Jonathan has created a GoFundMe page to raise the funds needed to get him there.

Let's send Jonathan to Sardina!
You can check out his GoFundMe page here » USA Freedive Team Member!!!!!! by Jonathan Lata - GoFundMe

undefined_upd_1408257429.4199.jpg

FREEDIVERS RECOVERY VEST:OCEAN SAFETY SYSTEMS

Here's a product I want you to be aware of.

It's called the Freedivers Recovery Vest, designed and developed by Terry Maas. This second-generation recovery vest is designed for breath-hold divers.

It's capable of depths to 300 feet (100 meters)and allows the user to program their maximum time and depth for a single dive. Should you exceed either time or depth trigger, the vest will inflate delivering you face-first to the surface. In addition, the FRV Mark II can be configured so the user must acknowledge he is conscious at the surface after 15 seconds. It's not inexpensive, but worth looking into.

frv-brochure-8X11.jpg

» MORE about the Vest (Note: this link fwd's to Ocean Safety Systems website)

FRV Oceanic Safety Systems

IN STOCK! REVERSIBLE CAMO SUITS

It's been a long wait, but they are finally here!

Camo Spearfishing Wetsuit 1-piece Yamamoto 2mm | MAKO Spearguns

Our 1-Piece Yamamoto Green/Blue Camo 2mm warm water reversible camo wetsuit offers the utmost comfort and durability while the reversible camo design makes this suit perfect for reef *AND* blue water hunting.

We also include a chest loading pad, knee pads and a knife pocket on the thigh (on each side of the suit) on this suit.

This is an awesome spearfishing wetsuit at an amazing price.

Price: $159.95

m1bgy_exp.jpg

NEW PRODUCT & VIDEO: POLE SPEAR RESTING HOOK

No pain! No discomfort! No Spooked Fish! Ready to shoot in one second or less!

This simple to use “Resting Hook” designed by MAKO Spearguns will put more fish in your cooler and eliminate all pain and discomfort associated with trying to hold your pole spear band for a long period of time. Made from 304 stainless steel, this little hook is machined for maximum ergonomic comfort and performance.

Pole Spear Resting Hook | MAKO Spearguns
Price: $12.95

MPSRH-2.jpg

Pole Spear Resting Hook - How To Rig - YouTube

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dive Safe!

Dano

Having served our country myself, I would like to thank you Mako for recognizing and supporting the veterans. I noticed the loaner program on your website as well. Very cool!!

When I am ready to buy a wetsuit, I will definitely be looking even further into the products you offer.

Having served our country myself, I would like to thank you Mako for recognizing and supporting the veterans. I noticed the loaner program on your website as well. Very cool!!

When I am ready to buy a wetsuit, I will definitely be looking even further into the products you offer.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I do appreciate it.

Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom