Malaysia in October/November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm considering going to Sipidan and Tioman to do some diving in October/November. Do any of you know how the weather is around this time? :wink:

Hi Katja,

Sipadan is good all year round. For Tioman, the monsoon will start blowing in November and definitely not recommended after 1st week of November. To be safe, I will suggest that if you want to dive tioman, plan for early October.

October might be pushing it to the limit in Tioman, but heard of great diving during that time though. November for Tioman, for me, is a no.

My recent dives at Tioman were fabulous. The dive site at Chebeh Island was amazing, comparable to Menjangan (Bali) in terms of the variety of colorful seafans.

Did 3 dives in Sipadan last March, was quite good, a lot of things to see. I've posted some photos somewhere in this forum. Go look it up.

Have fun!

Nice pic malaysia-island!! What brand and model of camera are u using? do you also use external strobe??

I agreed with malaysia-island.. October till Feb not a good month for diving in Tioman.

manta~ray:
Nice pic malaysia-island!! What brand and model of camera are u using? do you also use external strobe??

I agreed with malaysia-island.. October till Feb not a good month for diving in Tioman.
*Laughing* no manta ray, no strobe, it was Canon A70 without flash, just natural light. As long as I keep my hand steady :)

malaysia-islands:
*Laughing* no manta ray, no strobe, it was Canon A70 without flash, just natural light. As long as I keep my hand steady :)

Great skills and steady hands

Back
Top Bottom