Maldives Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I may have a chance for a spot on the Maldives Aggressor next year. It seems like a really good price but sometimes you get what you pay for. Doing some research I've found the operation to be a complete mess as of a year or two ago. Does anyone have updated information on it.
Thanks!

Did not know Cardinal Fang was a diver. Glad MP is not forgotten. Good luck on your trip if you go. I cannot provide any insight. Based on track record of incidents noted here, either price is low enough that any substandard quality is still worth it or you decide that its worth it regardless, which it could be, but we have not seen any real compensation for problems and they have even pointed to the discount to say you got what you paid for. Thinking for 30 seconds, I'm wondering why they would need to discount a trip heavily so far in advance...

Thanks for your reply Shasta man. I really thought I'd get more replies to this. The travel agent sponsoring this has been 4 other aggressor trips before and had no but what me was a lack of knowledge on the Maldives history. Says she's never heard of any problems. Seems hard to miss to me, just doing a cursory look for reviews.

Check out Undercurrent online. It appears from a review of a trip during the first week in August that things have not changed at all from what your research determined.

I just came back from there two weeks ago and I would advise against it. Both of the boat's generators broke down and left us without power-air conditioning, water, air fills, cooking, and the ability to raise the anchor. The crew did what they could but the management took a whole day to drop off the replacement parts and didn't stay around to help. We missed a day of diving (one dive after they begged air fills from another boat) and most of the passengers had to sleep on the deck because of the heat in the cabins. They did treat us to lunch at a local resort, which was nice of them since the cruise director had to pay for it on his credit card and said the crew hasn't been paid in three months. Another problem we encountered is that we had to wait sometimes up to 45 minutes for a pickup from the dhoni. This was no fun, especially on night dives.

I am/was booked on the Maldives aggressor for spring 2017. The trip is cancelled and there is no longer a website for the Maldives Aggressor. You might want to look elsewhere.

I also got the email from Agressor saying they are canceling all the trips with them

If you can get a full refund from Aggressor perhaps you can rebook with another liveaboard. The Explorer fleet is offering some great discounts on upcoming trips to the Maldives, see the link below:

Best diving in the month of November

If you can get a full refund from Aggressor perhaps you can rebook with another liveaboard. The Explorer fleet is offering some great discounts on upcoming trips to the Maldives, see the link below:

Best diving in the month of November

That is exactly what I'm doing. The boat looks a lot nicer than the aggressor as well.

Check out Undercurrent online. It appears from a review of a trip during the first week in August that things have not changed at all from what your research determined.

Thanks very much for the heads up on this one. I definitely missed a bullet there.

Back
Top Bottom