Man rescued after being trapped in submerged vessel for 40 minutes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbolander:
Slick - I wonder what the odds are of that happening? Lucky to be alive for sure.

That sounds like a once or twice in a career rescue.
Odds? Most likely way to high to calculate.

Once in a lifetime? We can only hope we can someday make a save where the victim recovers 100%. But we never give up trying.

In this situation the victim wasn’t ready to give up and the rescuer wasn’t going to either.

Kudo’s to everyone involved.

Gary D.

Great Job

Heck of a story, but really<G>:
He had his head in a small air pocket right up the pointy end of the boat

Thalassamania:
Heck of a story, but really<G>:

Haha, I thought it was funny too, but it did help us blondes know where he was...

Good job SGT.
How long was your total down time for the rescue?
The Fire Guy.

I wonder if that guy went and bought a lotto ticket after he was released from the Hospital? :D

Definitely a story straight out of the movies....or will be!

I'd like to know how long it took from the time he pulled him down until he took off like a rocket...and how difficult it was for the Sgt during that time.

That probably wouldn't have done any good. Looks like this guy used up all of his alloted luck!

Greg D.:
I wonder if that guy went and bought a lotto ticket after he was released from the Hospital? :D

Back
Top Bottom