Manado where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawaiiholly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a 2 night layover in Manado in July before boarding Liveaboard. my favorite place is defunct…KBR
Who has been in the last year? I can’t believe how expensive the places in Lembeh are …ie lembeh divers.
Has anyone stayed at Novotel or Sheraton?
Not sure one day of diving at lembeh divers is worth the $1000 USD…
Looking for a clean place with quality food that is not rat infested. must has AC

We were there in October and we stayed at 4 Points. Good breakfast buffet on Sunday, very reasonable lunch and dinner.

You are looking for Manado city? There are many hotels to choose from in all price categories.
Or are you looking for Lembeh Strait? Then you can also find good resorts far cheaper than Lembeh Resort.
At our Divers Lodge Lembeh you would get:
Full board accommodation (including all taxes) in spacious private bungalow with excellent view, air-conditioning and privacy. Private boat and private guide for the two of you. Nitrox. 3 Dives per person. You can make your own daily schedule, no limit on dive time). Total IDR 7,290,000 for two persons. (Euro 201, -/USD 235, -, per person).

Looking for a clean place with quality food that is not rat infested.
Rat infested ? Where did you get the idea from?
The only place that I had eaten rodent is in Peru where Guinea pig is being served.
Other countries where rat is eaten in SE Asia: quite a few and Indonesia is one of them.
You ought to try the Minahasan cuisine in Manado. President Joko was seen holding two rats on skewers in Northern Sulawesi back in 2014.
Bat and dog etc were in our buffet lunch when we gone for a day tour.

I have a 2 night layover in Manado in July before boarding Liveaboard. my favorite place is defunct…KBR
Who has been in the last year? I can’t believe how expensive the places in Lembeh are …ie lembeh divers.
Has anyone stayed at Novotel or Sheraton?
Not sure one day of diving at lembeh divers is worth the $1000 USD…
Looking for a clean place with quality food that is not rat infested. must has AC

i stayed many times at novotel... not the best but was ok+ and so convenient for the airport...it's our airport hotel.. last time was 2019 and the restaurant was quite good... but its outside the "city"... :wink:

I stayed at the Novotel with @outofofficebrb in 2022 just after Covid restrictions were lifted when we were leaving Sulawesi.

Fine for one night pre-airport departure, food was pretty good too, but I was still craving the Gado Gado from Murex Bangka Resort.

I stayed at the Novotel with @outofofficebrb in 2022 just after Covid restrictions were lifted when we were leaving Sulawesi.

Fine for one night pre-airport departure, food was pretty good too, but I was still craving the Gado Gado from Murex Bangka Resort.
Thanks
It looks so old and worn down

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom