Manatees - Crystal River Trip Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful photos SeaYoda, there is supposedly a small population of manatees here (West Indian Manatees), think I should go seek them out before they're all gone...

Thanks again for the pics.

To dive the devils den and others...do you have to go with a dive shop or can you do it with a buddy??

Good pics yoda. Land Locked and I snorkeled with the manatee last Friday. He got a bunch of pics. Before we went we cruised the boards and found that Birds and Crystal River Lodge are the two most used. Birds does a breakfast on the boat and video. Crystal River Lodge was great but nothing fancy.

We also dove Devils Den and then went to Ginnie Springs. You can do DD and others on your own. I about crapped when the guy at DD said "$31 please". Worth MAYBE two dives but we left after one. At any rate we had a good time.

laserdoc:
To dive the devils den and others...do you have to go with a dive shop or can you do it with a buddy??
Devil's Den and Blue Grotto can be done without a dive shop. Blue Grotto makes you watch a video before diving. Both make you sign liability releases. I preferred diving Devil's Den on my own - I got more time to take pictures and play where I wanted to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom