Mango Inn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Jerm:
Never been there myself, but check out the forums for that area and start a new thread, I'm sure you'll get a more specific response there. Lots of great people here to help.... just wish I could :) Welcome by the way!

I DID mention it was a 15 minute walk. How much more specific could I get?:wink:

Sea ya!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hi Rubyrose,
Pretty much everything is within a short walk in town. It's a bit farther if you want to hit the public beach, or take a water taxi over to Water Cay for the day, but bikes are also available for rent cheap if you don't want to walk anywhere.

You'll have a great time in Utila. Don't forget to post a trip report when you get back!

Rubyrose:
Hey everybody!
I'm a newbie and hoping to get some info on the Mango Inn on Utilla. The boyfriend and I are looking for a Bay Island vacation within the next month or so, and that's one of the options. Looking at their website, I can't tell how close they are to the water and boats. How easy is it to get from the cabins to the boats? Any other insights would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ruby Rose...Welcome to the board!!!

The Mango Inn is a good walk up Monkey Tail Road from Main Street. They have a variety of accomodations at various rates. They do have a nice swimming pool area and the garden area is quite attractive. Their food is wonderful. I believe they are still affiliated with Utila Dive Center, which is again a walk to the left after you get to main street.

For a quick read on what's available in general, check out www.aboututila.com.

We'll be there this month and March. Oh...also the Colibri has a pool.

Regards,

Hey Ruby,
we're leaving tomorrow. Roatan is first for 5 days then Mango Inn for 4. I'll write a trip report when we get back

My wife and I stayed there a couple of years ago and had some small issues with our room which never got addressed, but I learned recently that John (of UDC fame) has taken over the operation, and has corrected all the things we had problems with. With that being said, I would still go back and stay there. You do get used to the walk, or like someone else said, you could rent a bike.

15 minute walk? Has the Mango Inn moved since I was there? Its just a few minutes from the main dock at the center of town. Up the Cola de Mico road past the Jade Seahorse, Blueberry Hill and the Bucket of Blood Bar. Probably 10 minutes to the Utila Dive Center with which the hotel is associated.

Rather shocked to hear it has a pool now! A pool in Utila!

Hi,
Mango Inn is about 15 min walk from the dive shop (Utila Dive Center). If you book as a resort diver (all inclusive) then I believe there is free transport, otherwise its a nice walk most days.
Good pool, nice restaurant, bugs can be a pain as it is quite sheltered from the breeze.
Personal Message me for more info on utila, check out www.aboututila.com
Regards
Simon
Cross Creek Dive Center

Rubyrose:
Hey everybody!
I'm a newbie and hoping to get some info on the Mango Inn on Utilla. The boyfriend and I are looking for a Bay Island vacation within the next month or so, and that's one of the options. Looking at their website, I can't tell how close they are to the water and boats. How easy is it to get from the cabins to the boats? Any other insights would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mango is affiliated with the Utila Dive Center (UDC). For me it was about a 20 minute walk from Cross Creek or UDC to the Mango. It has nice rooms and a very nice pool. (It is NOT the only pool on Utila regardless of the reports. There is also one at Colibri Hill Resort.)

I selected Cross Creek because it is located right at the dive resort and also has some nice A/C rooms. (People who stay at Cross Creek are also allowed to use the pool at the Mango.) Check my dive report at http://scuba.royalcs.com

If you decide to stay at the Mango, rent a bicycle and you can get anywhere on the island in only a few minutes. Some places actually rent them for about $25 a week, but be sure and use that bicycle lock they provide!! And do try the Mango's pizza.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom