Manly Beach fatality - Sydney, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, that explains it, I was thinking two in one week? Perhaps the threads could be combined?

Such a huge loss to the local GUE community and diving community in Sydney.

So many questions, I hope the local authorities take up the offer of assistance in the incident analysis.

Unburdened by cumbersome gear a freediver is able ride out rougher conditions

He was my instructor for fundies. He was a very good instructor. I read he had just been certified as a tech 1 instructor.
He loved Australia and diving and was making a career out of it. My condolences to his family.
His death has left me with so many questions, undoubtedly all of his family, friends and students are asking the same things,
Fortunately GUE has promised to disclose the details after their investigation is complete and we will learn from this tragedy.

I see where you are going with this and why, but I have a question. This was apparently not a training dive. He was apparently diving on his own. He had certifications other than GUE. Will GUE be publishing an analysis of every dive fatality if the diver has a GUE certification of any kind?

I see where you are going with this and why, but I have a question. This was apparently not a training dive. He was apparently diving on his own. He had certifications other than GUE. Will GUE be publishing an analysis of every dive fatality if the diver has a GUE certification of any kind?
Ask GUE. If this individual was diving through the GUE system, they want to analyze to see what weaknesses there are and to address them.

What can possibly be wrong with that?

I'm assuming he was on his GUE rigged JJ - a fairly GUE specific piece of equipment. I'd appreciate any review they do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom