Manta Reef Lodge / Pemba Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a week at Manta Reef in January and definitely enjoyed it. The resort is lovely, nice bungalows overlooking the ocean, comfy and clean. THe main house is bar/lounge/open air with a large outdoor patio where dinner is served. Great food! My last lunch there was crab and lobster. :) The dive operation is well done, especially for a place so far out of the way. Banda and......geez I can't remember his name now......South African guy.......are a great pair of DM's. Very safety conscious, good dive briefings, and usually organized and out to dive on time. Pretty good looking rental stuff as well from what i saw. The dives were......not quite as outstanding as I had hoped (I had expected lots of pelagics, only saw some) but some of the sites were excellent! Beautiful corals, both hard and soft and very healthy, some large schools of tuna, snapper....so it's not all fished out. Lots of current in some places. I had a great time at Manta and I'd definitely go back.
Let me know if there's anything else you want to know and I'll help if I can.
And if you go tell Hassan the bartender that the woman from America who sent him the CD says hey.

Beck

Back
Top Bottom