Raja Ampat - Cove Eco vs. Papua Explorers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After many months of decision making we booked 2 weeks at Cove Eco for Feb. 2025. Heard great reviews from Dutch friends of ours. Cove Eco doesn't do a lot of advertising to the US market, more Euro. Our friends said bugs were no problem at all. They loved the rooms, (fans / air cond.) the food and said the diving and guides were incredible. Discount if you book a year in advance.
Good luck with your decision!
Thanks again for your feedback DirtFish. I'll report back when he make our decision.

Thanks again for your feedback DirtFish. I'll report back when he make our decision.
I forgot to mention that I LOVE the fact that Yeben Island doesn't even show up on most maps, as isolated as it gets!

hello ,
I stayed both : PE ( 2 times : Jan 2015 - Jan 2019 ) and CER ( August 2023 ) .

Logistic : PE easier because have private transfer . CER with ferry in VIP class + private boat , they take care of all your baggage so not a problem .

Resort : both have beautiful bungalow , PE bigger and nicer ( in my opinion ) .

Food : both very good , PE had buffet style instead CER you have to select your menu the day before .

Diving exeprience : PE take me to a wider dive spot selection , CER we dive mostly the west area ( also because August the sea was more choppy than January ) . Third dive in the afternoon in CER was only macro and nothing special , PE was wide angle and wonderful . House reef was good in PE for night dive , in CER was good for the resident school of jacks during the day .
CER has a manta point active in August that was nice because we were the only guest there .
PE go the very crowded manta sandy dive site or onother site ( I dont remember the name ) .

All in all .... I will return to PE because better diving experience and slightly better resort experience .

If you have other questions feel free to ask
all my best
Paolo

if you like here are the photo album of these three trips :

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom