March 19 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I like the camera but then again all I have to compare it to is my old Oly C4000Z :D

I will say that if anyone is buying a camera for the first time or upgrading their point-n-shoot they should get one with at least the 28mm wider angle lens.

I totally agree on the 28 or wider, I use a 28 now with Ike 6" dome.

Brilliant clownfish shot! Would u be able to use your old macro lens if u get the adaptor?

@gilligan,

Like they say "it ain't the arrow, but the indian"!!!

Anyways, from whom did you finally get the cam setup from?
And, if you're not scared of dealing with ebay folks... search for "nyxell" in the 'by seller' advanced search. He's based in HK and sells the S&S 27dx at 260USD with optic cable and an arm attachment.

Keep us posted on the new cam setup use...
I'm hoping to get the same setup as well, in the long future - hehehe.

Mario

@gilligan,

Like they say "it ain't the arrow, but the indian"!!!

Anyways, from whom did you finally get the cam setup from?
And, if you're not scared of dealing with ebay folks... search for "nyxell" in the 'by seller' advanced search. He's based in HK and sells the S&S 27dx at 260USD with optic cable and an arm attachment.

Keep us posted on the new cam setup use...
I'm hoping to get the same setup as well, in the long future - hehehe.

Mario

I bought the camera and housing from Ellen Chua at Diverspoint in Manila with the help of the Filipinos here on Scubaboard. It is not a gray market one but one that has a Canon Philippines warranty.

Thanks for the tip on the strobe. I have no problem with ordering from eBay via Hong Kong sources. I don't see myself ordering anything from outside the country because of the high import fees on what the Philippine government considers "non-essential" items. Who knows what fees I would be charged by the Bureau of Customs. I'll wait until my next trip back to Maui.

Brilliant clownfish shot! Would u be able to use your old macro lens if u get the adaptor?

Probably, but in all honesty I don't like the macro lens because of its narrow depth of field. And I want to get away from carrying wet mount lenses.

I think an external strobe will let me get close enough then cropping in PS will do it for me. All those G10 megapixels will come in handy for a cropping freak like me.

Really enjoyed the pictures. What is the name of the fish with the two spots on its fins? It is the last in your series.

Regards,

Bill

Really enjoyed the pictures. What is the name of the fish with the two spots on its fins? It is the last in your series.

Regards,

Bill

Two Spot Goby - Signigobius biocellatus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom