Mares Avanti Quattro fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr:
I have one. Used it for over 50 dives.

Just curious, what do you use on the other foot? :wink:

I have been diving these fins for 11 years, over 100 dives per year. I do have spring straps which make it a lot easier to don with my drysuit. Those who dive with me always comment on the fins because I have one green fin and one blue! They tell me that they never have trouble identifying me underwater. Great Set of fins!

I dove with them for 5 years, and loved them on every dive. They are efficient and comfortable. My buddy however has had both the quattros and the volos, and absolutely swears by the volos. At the time I got mine the price difference was the determining factor for me, but the difference now is only about $35 on leisurepro. I would take a good look at the volos before you buy the quattros. I also recently just switched to the apollo bio-fin XT. Wouldn't go back.

A

They're my favorites, followed by Mares Plana Avantis and Scubapro Jetfins.

I gotta give a big "double shaka" to the Quattros. I had one pair that I made over 2,000 dives on. They would have lasted longer but I got a newer pair and retired the old ones. Good efficiency and the quick releases haven't failed me yet. There's a new Special Edition Quattro out that I'd like to try. Seem kind of pricey but they look cool. Has anyone tried them yet?

Shaka Doug:
There's a new Special Edition Quattro out that I'd like to try. Seem kind of pricey but they look cool. Has anyone tried them yet?

Just got back from a shakedown cruise in the red sea with a pair. Stiff as steel, but holy **** can they go when you want them too. Completly smoked (not sure if thats the appropriate term underwater, maybe doused?) a pair of jets in a race.:14:

Been using the same pair of these since they first came out (without spring straps) -- I also see more dive instructors in these than any other fin -- On the other foot, I have not been everywhere in the world, nor have I seen every dive instructor dive, so, I am definitively NOT saying that 4 out of 5 dentists...oh, wait, I mean, I am not saying the most dive instructors use these fins...however, they are very popular...

Back
Top Bottom