Mares Avanti Superchannel Full Foot Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My requirement of the Mares X3 is light weight, travel friendly, if they come apart after a few years, I will get some more

I was just teasing really :)

Have you had a chance to try them out?

I'm looking for a lighter weight travel fin myself - preferably one that I can also use for some snorkeling and shallow free diving.

Henrik

I have a pair, as does my wife, of the Superchannel Fullfoot fins and have had no problem with them at all with holding their shape. We love the fins, they are light to travel with, and are inexpensive. I think they're hard to beat for the money and are better than many brands of more expensive fins.

The only fullfoot fin I would consider replacing them with will be the Scubapro Novas when they come out with the fullfoot model. The Novas may be one of the finest fins ever made.

I use the Mares fullfoot Superchannels when I am not shore diving. They are extremely comfortable and have held up well for about 100 dives. They also save a couple pounds travel weight over my other fins (Apollo SplitFins).

Most of my coworkers have full foot Superchannel's, which get left out in the mid-day sun standing on their tips while we wash the boat. Then they get tossed on a shelf above the wetsuits in the boat garage. They do not look like new out of the water but they work just like new in the water.

I used open heel Volo's for over a thousand dives; returned the first pair after ~100 dives because the hard plastic on the ends separated from the soft. Just ignored it on the second and never felt slower in the water. My current open heel is the X3 and after over a thousand dives they are a scratched and faded version but still perform just like new, with the original stock strap. The Volo's are still useable as well, with the original stock strap, but they were pretty expensive even at Instructor's key man discount :(

I will eventually get a pair of full foot Superchannel's, when my full foot Gara 2000's give up the ghost :)

Jet Fins.

N

Do they make full foot Jets? :D

Actually, I am looking for a new set of travel fins. What I want are stiff, compact full foot fins. What I want are full foot Jets. Any ideas?

Do they make full foot Jets? :D

Actually, I am looking for a new set of travel fins. What I want are stiff, compact full foot fins. What I want are full foot Jets. Any ideas?

Scubapro don't do full-foot Jets, but Free Sub of Turkey do:
7.jpg

Free-Sub
These Turkish-made full-foot fins also come with heel straps, resembling those installed on the original Beuchat Jet Fins made in Marseilles, France, during the 1960s.

Those look great. Any idea where I could acquire some? My Turkish is a little rusty so I was having trouble finding venders. :)

I'm not sure how much I can help. The website of the usual online vendor, the Turkish company Avmarin, appears to be offline this weekend:
http://www.avmarin.com/SUPER-JET-3738-4546-KAUCUK-pid-37.html
My Turkish is minimal, but I have invested in a Turkish-English dictionary to help me research traditional full-foot fin supply worldwide. What I've learnt is that there are plenty of traditional full-foot fins out there, but the distribution system doesn't always cross national boundaries.

One possible route is to contact Free Sub in Istanbul, details at
Free-Sub
They appear able to communicate in English. Another might be to post a message in ScubaBoard's regional forum including Turkey. You might be lucky enough to find an English-speaking diver there who is resident in Turkey and willing to help you purchase the fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom