Mares Guardian ErgoTrim BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the info, I just have one question. Does it push you forward "face down" as some people say when you "above water" if that makes sense for lack of better terminology?

I did a bit of research into the Hydros Pro when I started looking and wasn't sure if it might n to be for divers starting out, what's your thoughts?

Any back inflate style BC will push you forward a bit…all you hav me to do is lean back..a small price to pay for not having to deal with a jacket style bcd.

About that Mares BCD: that inflator hose system seems to be moving away from the standard. Maybe not a big issue, but muscle memory on just about any other BC will simply not apply. And you can press the wrong button easily.

I think there are many good options for a BCD. A few choices to make though:
- wrap-around (jacket) of back-inflate?
- is travel a real thing? then maybe go light/compact
- is modularity a thing? then that would definitely narrow things down

And then there is of course budget, availability, etc. With (dive) gear I am convinced that more expensive does not always mean better.

Does it push you forward "face down" as some people say when you "above water" if that makes sense for lack of better terminology?

I didn't notice it doing that especially since I don't over-inflate it on surface, just enough to float. If you fully inflate the wing, it may do that.

when I started looking and wasn't sure if it might n to be for divers starting out, what's your thoughts?
No issues with new divers, or any single tank recreational divers.

Back
Top Bottom