Mares M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all. I think I will plumb for the M2 or the Nemo, if I can get a good deal

I have the M1 and in general I like it. One thing it doesn't have is a bar graph to show your N2 oading. You only see the time left for your NDL.

In the log book you therefore have no record of your final or max N2 load for a dive

arun:
I am new to this Board, even though I have been diving for nine years now.

I am thinking of getting this dive computer as my second unit. I currently have a Suunto Mosquito and my wife, who is relatively new to diving prefers to have the Suunto as it is not so bulky.

Having done the reviews online, I gather that it is quite conservative and scores well in terms of convenience as you can change the batteries yourself.

I would be grateful to anyone here who has a view on its reliability and its functions to share their views with me to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance

I have about 70 dives with an M1 RGBM. I like the computer, but I don't like the computer interface, it is very finicky. If the M2 has a different interface it may be an excellent choice. Otherwise, if you want to download to a computer, find one with a good interface. If you don't want to download the dive data, then the M1 is a great choice.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom