Mares Volo Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T_Mancini

Reaction score
I am new to this and will be getting my first certification in a month of two. I was looking into buying the Mares Volo fin and was hoping someone could tell me how they perform..

My wife and I love ours. Also consider the Atomic splits as they are very nice. All depends on what type of diving you plan on doing. We dive stricly tropical waters.

Ditto.

Love my Volos!

I like mine. Split fins do perform slightly better, but you can't do some kicks (i.e. backwards kick) in splits.

Make sure you don't pay $200 for the volos, though, as you can get them from LeisurePro for $100.

Hey all. in PDC, the instructor said he could hook me up with some Mares Volos. However, they look a bit long. I'm trying to get shorter fins so i can frog kick.

my current ones are long and lost the clip last night, so need new ones.

I think they look unsexy the way they bend and flap during action.

Sexy is important in diving - I believe I've stressed this before.

(for further fin discussions just type "jets vs. ...)

mine are cracking towards the toes. Gonna get the new power ones they are great. My old ones have been thru allot of dives time to retire them I guess. Plus I do not like the split fins and yes have tried several pairs, no power for me. But folks say I do not kick correctly with them, maybe but I gonna keep using what works for me.

Back
Top Bottom