Mares Weight Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Mares Dragon BCD with the MRS weight pouches. I normally have 6Lbs in each. I have found them to be secure, though I have lost one during a giant stride entry. (I suspect I didn't clip it in properly). Since then no problems. I always double check they are located properly before I start, and have developed a habit of checking them throughout the dive.

I have seen other people wrap some gaffer tape around them to prevent hard weights sliding around inside. The guy said he thought when the weights slide and 'bang' into the buckle end of the pouch it is enough to pop them loose.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help everyone! As it is I have ordered the Mares Icon BCD, and I will just make sure not to fill the pockets to max capacity and always check they are stored properly before a dive, as well a trying to use soft weights if possible!:)

So yeah, thanks for all the reply's. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom