Mares xr twin wing or agir twin doughnut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So basically I have the chance of getting a mares xr U-wing for doubletanks for the same price as an agir o-wing for doubles.
The agir is about 8 years old, and the mares is 2 years old. If buying both new new the agir is a lot more expensive.

So my question is which one would be better? I've read that an o-wing is a lot better for balance because the air gets to circulate. But how long does wings last? Am I going to start getting problems with a 8 year old wing that has been sitting in a warehouse for a year?

Not overly helpful, but I am fond of AGIR gear despite its premium price tag. I use a couple of their plates, STAs and cam bands. It's nicely made gear.

I have wings that are decades old and some that aren't
diving the U-wing with perfect buoyancy before the o-wing was invented for perfect buoyancy, of any brand

Along the same lines as @buddhasummer, I notice a couple of Swedes diving Agir wings on my most recent LOB trip, and was favourably impressed by how compact they looked for the lift rating. I have never dove a U-wing, but I have been thankful for my O-wing when doing a head-down negative entry from a zodiac. With all that said, I know nothing about doubles.

Back
Top Bottom