Marine Room 07/06/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thez_yo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I just got back from taking another class in Florida and couldn't wait to get back into the kelp!! Today's dive was 1:11 in 73ºF (so hot!!) waters, max depth 12fsw and average 5fsw, at Marine Room. Mostly the usual suspects, and a wolf eel hanging out in the rocks, well enough camouflaged that I couldn't really get a decent pic of him. About as big around as a forearm, 3-4' long maybe, and hanging out next to the biggest lobster me and my buddy agreed we'd ever seen. He found them both.. the eel right as the surge was pushing us into it :shocked2: Viz mostly alternated between a milky 4' to a sandy 4-8', with maybe 1-2' surf today.

Oh, and I took a video again! And I can finally embed it right!!

So I actually saw 4-5 of those tiny little blue.. gobies I think they are, hanging out with the lobster today. Considering the 5' surge, taking pics of them was hard.

right where we dropped - giant kelpfish that was about a foot long!

these are what's in the video as a school

..and just on the other side of that lobster, surprise abalone and goby! I think I didn't realize the abalone was there til I looked at these pics back home.

just tons of lobster today. Is it lobster season and they've all migrated back to La Jolla?

there's a goby again, hanging out with them

Rays!!

I guess he didn't like me looking at him..

buddy found this guy

This fish almost got away with not having its pic taken.. never seen a striped one like this here before

and my last decent pic before viz went back down to garbage, a lobster just hanging out in the open..

Back
Top Bottom