Marines "thrashed"...why do they Puke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll ask my son in a few weeks when I see him, he's in boot and should have finished the crucible at Pendleton this morning. I'd imagine he's gained a bit of experience with DI induced vomiting.

Tom

drbill:
I would think that any rigorous exercise to the point of vomiting would be bad for the individual. I used to run half marathons and do hours of cardio, but don't remember ever vomiting (except freshman year after a party... but that "exercise" only involved lifting 12 oz "weights" over and over and...).
The only time I got to that point was after a real rough football practice where we were mixing a lot of running with strength training and hitting the sleds. It comes on so fast (or did for me) that you didn’t realize how far you’d pushed yourself until it was too late, but it’s a great way to occasionally know that you weren’t holding anything back.

I usually Vomit after about a mile and a half of fast paced running, than am fine for the rest of the run. . . I consider it "normal" makes for fun when people are watching . . .

tc246:
I'll ask my son in a few weeks when I see him, he's in boot and should have finished the crucible at Pendleton this morning. I'd imagine he's gained a bit of experience with DI induced vomiting.

Tom

ah, give him my best.:)

crucible, the culminating exercise of basic training? see? I am learning, onfloat.

I think I'll choose to let my food fully digest before doing strenuous exercise... Seems to have worked so far.

catherine96821:

crucible, the culminating exercise of basic training? see? I am learning, onfloat.
Yes you are....

from one of our recruiting posters;

"We promise you Sleep Deprivation,
Mental torment, and
Muscles so sore you'll puke."

To the young recruit...Semper Fi!!! Once you earn the TITLE, it can never be taken away. Honor, Courage and Commitment!!

catherine96821:

Will do.

Yes- 54 hours of team building exercises with some sleep and food deprivation and 40 miles of hiking just to make it interesting.

Who knows, he could end up working for JB someday.

T

Well, where are you in Socal, BTW? We are from San Clemente.

Tom, some of his Marines left a note on my car today that said "THIS IS CHARLIE 1/12 BTRY CMDR's SPOT FOR HIS TRUCK PLEASE PARK YOUR PRETTY CAR ELSEWHERE!" (his spot)

he he..see? they love him.

he said it was probably his enlisted guy who has a Master's from UC Berkeley. he saw his diplomas hung next to his bed in the baracks and said "what are you a f'ing hippie?"

Marines show the love in odd ways.

I'm in Fontana and work in Riverside. Out at Catalina a lot- I'm on crew at the USC chamber there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom