Market Squid as you’ve never seen them before.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

Yes Lynn, we made several collections over a 4-month period. I kept the egg strings in a cooler on ice-packs, temperature-controlled to ~55 degrees with bubble wrap. Primitive, but with daily changes of fresh sea water, the embryos would continue to develop for many days. Aeration with an aquarium pump would have helped, no doubt. Meanwhile, I looked at samples from different depths and habitats. Tide pools turn out to be nursery for everything tiny, sand is wormy, and a small sample from the docks is a hoot!

Excellent! I enjoyed that very much.

Merry and Phil... enjoyed it yesterday when you sent it on OCDiving News. Wish it had been available when I put together my Cephalopods of SoCal DVD. Very interesting to watch. Thanks again.

Wow Merry! Incredible footage. Very informative. Thank you for spending the time and effort putting this together!

Great job! A tad long for youtube, but I'd absolutely like to see something like that on discovery or animal planet. I can't imagine how much work went into that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom