Marking a BPW Harness for different setups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RMD

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is something everyone else does or has come across and may have a solution but I thought id ask here as I can't think of an obvious way to do this.

I have an XDeep Zen which I use for both tropical (wetsuit) diving and cold (drysuit diving).

Whether im in my wetsuit or my Drysuit I need to re adjust my harness to fit what im wearing with my exposure protection. This can be a bit of a faff when everyone is setup and ready to go and im still adjusting my harness to fit my drysuit from where it was set for my wetsuit and vice versa.

I've just completed a dry suit dive over the weekend and spent a good 30min or so at home with my wetsuit back on getting my harness back to where I want it for my wetsuit setup as i'm off to the Maldives in January rather than trying to do it when I arrive on the liveaboard.

There must be a better way to do this?

I thought about some how marking the harness so I can just move the webbing back between the two points I need it to be without having to mess about at home trying it all on again and having to re adjust it before my next dive.

Anyone got any tips or tricks to do this quicker?

Get a 2nd plate.
I only just purchased this wing, I can't justify the cost of an entirely new setup just for this.

Even if it is just the plate and a harness its still expensive. Id rather just the hassle of re setting it each time.

You can do that. I did.

But a plate, Sta, and harness is $200. That's less than the cost of time resetting your harness twice.

My deal breaker is when I got mine perfectly trimmed for an AL80 in warm water. I don't want to mess it up for cold water.

I have 5 plates and harnesses now. [One for every dive]

Go look at the scubapro S tek videos and how the run they delux harness, much to the chagrin of one piece harness fans it works and may be just what you want, another option is a delux type harness from many different makers.

but a simple set up with another plate and $20 of webbing and maybe $10 in hardware is a pretty cheap alternative, just move the wing to the needed plate, 10 minutes tops.

I only just purchased this wing, I can't justify the cost of an entirely new setup just for this.

Even if it is just the plate and a harness its still expensive. Id rather just the hassle of re setting it each time.
Homie a used plate is almost free. Snag one off eBay or the classifieds section here and enjoy your newfound free time that you’d otherwise be spending tinkering with d rings and triglides.

Homie a used plate is almost free. Snag one off eBay or the classifieds section here and enjoy your newfound free time that you’d otherwise be spending tinkering with d rings and triglides.

I get that, but I got my zen plate for a reason as I like it and it suits me. If I had another plate it would have to be another zen plate otherwise it would have been pointless getting the zen plate if im going to get a totally different plate for a second setup.

XDeep Zen plates are expensive to get another one.

Go look at the scubapro S tek videos and how the run they delux harness, much to the chagrin of one piece harness fans it works and may be just what you want, another option is a delux type harness from many different makers.

but a simple set up with another plate and $20 of webbing and maybe $10 in hardware is a pretty cheap alternative, just move the wing to the needed plate, 10 minutes tops.
Ive got the deluxe harness on my XDeep Zen already, so I have the plastic buckles on the shoulder straps so moving those is nice and easy, its just getting them in the right place after moving them to get them back to exactly where they were before thats the problem.

A white paint pen to draw lines on the harness?
That was my train of thought, I was wondering if anyone else would suggest this too instead of spending £100s on a duplicate setup.

I wonder if the paint pen would wear off from the water....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom